Sunday, March 1, 2015

Hyrule Warriors Boss Pack: The rundown

Since once again, Europe got the whole thing early.

The level cap has been increased, but not to 250 like I expected, but 255... not anything major, though. There are a bunch of new potions: one that reduces weak point gauges faster (125 bronze mats, 25000 Rupees), one that increases damage against giant bosses (150 bronze mats, 30000 Rupees), and one that allows you to absorb magic from giant bosses (175 bronze mats, 35000 Rupees and a very grateful Young Link). There are also more additional medals, including a platinum trophy-style "get all medals" medal.

As far as Ganon goes, he starts with a few different attacks (controls are VASTLY different from regular warriors, for instance he has a spinning attack instead of blocking), but when you kill a giant boss (with those attacks, since he doesn't have items), you get that boss' special attack, Megaman-style. Said attack allows you to kill other bosses easier - for instance, Argorok is weak to King Dodongo's fireball, and when you hit it with that its weak point is exposed.

There's also a hidden additional Challenge Mode thing featuring a giant Cucco, as a joke obviously. It's practically identical to the Ganon mode, and is unlocked by getting an A rank in Ganon's "Survival Battle Level 3" stage. Understandably, the Cucco is as gimped as Ganon is OP, with only a spammable weak peck, a slightly stronger peck, a special attack and a Focus Spirit mode. As a side note, Ganon and the Cucco can't access the Bazaar for anything, not even increasing their levels.

And yes, the load times were fixed. Thank GOD.

8 comments:

  1. Well, I suppose the Cucco could have either been absurdly weak or absurdly strong, but I wish it was the latter for hilarity. It would have been awesome if every enemy that hit it would be immediately swarmed with regular-sized Cuccos and taken out in a few seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did we ever find out if there is a new reward for completing all the reward map levels? (there is 8 of them now I think, I got my goron tunic by completing 5)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, there's absolutely nothing, except for the opportunity to farm stuff like Imprisoned mats.

      Delete
  3. The costumes are all recolors, too. Shame, would have been fun to see goofy boss-based accessories, especially if ganondorf's was still based on the cucco

    ReplyDelete
  4. So have you heard the buzz about the max rupee glitch? People over at the GameFAQs board have largely figured out how it works, and most people can do it at a somewhat consistent rate. It's still fairly random and can take a long time, but it's doable and it's BY FAR the fastest way to level up characters. I've managed to do it around 20 times myself (over the course of 8-10 hours of grinding), and I have all of my characters up to 200 now (whereas before most of them were in the 80-90 range, with only Link being above 150). I'll post my method if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thanks, that'd be cheating.

      Delete
    2. I prefer to think of it as 'enhanced grinding' and 'SUCK IT, TP MAP'.

      Delete
    3. Also, I had already completed everything I could do at my current level. I got to the point where I was making no progress in anything thanks to the insanely unfair damage curve or simply not doing enough damage to complete a mission in time, so I was in the process of grinding for hours on the lower-left MQ map tile anyway. This was just a way to speed that process up, though I may have gone a bit overboard if making levels beatable was my objective.

      Delete